MISSION STATEMENT: EDUCATING HEARTS AND MINDS
Marymount International School, Paris community is committed to the education of every student to think creatively, reason critically, communicate effectively, and learns continuously.
As a Catholic school inspired by the spirit of the Mission of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, "that all may have life," our school philosophy is based on the traditions of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary and extends to preparing children to meet the challenges of an increasingly globalized, competitive and complicated life.
VISION STATEMENT: TODAY’S LEARNERS, TOMORROW’S LEADERS
By 2015, Marymount International School will be a culturally diverse academic and social learning environment, working with parents to prepare each child for academic and personal success. Each child will meet our expected learning outcomes as described below.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES: MORE THAN JUST AN EDUCATION
Students at Marymount International School will be FALCONS empowered to be:
• Goals and Criteria of the RSHM Network of Schools
• The belief that every individual can and should make a difference
Adaptable Students who…
• Are life-long learners
• Take risks, to imagine, and to innovate.
• Interact with the world around them.
• Demonstrate leadership through collaboration and teamwork.
• Adopt a healthy, well-rounded life-style.
• Are resilient, flexible, self-motivated learners.
• Are problem solvers, negotiators and collaborators.
Literate Leaders who…
• Communicate articulately through reading, writing, speaking, listening, and artistic expression.
• Can analyze information to create new knowledge and develop understandings.
• Use information and communication technologies effectively.
Conscientious Global Citizens who…
• Act with the past and the future in mind.
• Embrace diversity with compassion, empathy, and acceptance of others.
• Respect and support family and community.
• Engage responsibly in the world’s problems.
• Protect and advocate for local and global environments.
Objective Citizens who…
• View the world as a whole without prejudice.
• See learning as a life long endeavor.
Nurturing Individuals who…
• Demonstrate citizenship and generosity through authentic community service activities.
• Demonstrate integrity and honesty to themselves and others in words and actions.
Skilled Inquirers who…
• Apply content knowledge and skills to authentic situations and broader systems.
• Strive for academic excellence.
• Reason soundly and critically.
• Explore other languages and cultures.
Core Values: Individual Strengths upon a foundation of Universal Values
Marymount International School, Paris offers an outstanding academic experience underpinned by the belief that each student will reach her/his full potential and contribute to the global community through developing, nurturing, and understanding the importance of a relationship with God.
Marymount’s aim is to foster a lifelong love of learning in all of its students. Read the executive summary.
page last updated on: 2012-05-30 18:19:19