What started as a small but revolutionary outreach and support movement in the south of France has become a source of inspiration on a global scale.
Marymount International School Paris is part of the Global Network of RSHM Schools which includes schools in the US, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Portugal, Zambia and England, France, Italy. The mission of the network is to foster the gift of internationality and broaden the commitment to the transformation of the world through education. Network board members also serve on the Boards of Trustees of several universities in the United States: Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA; Marymount University, Arlington, VA; Marymount Manhattan College, NY, NY.
RSHM Schools are committed to:
- mentoring school professionals and forming school communities in the history, charism and spirituality of the RSHM
- educating for a multicultural and multi-religious world
- working to educate and act for the causes of humanity and creation
- preparing our students to become leaders who are agents of transformation for justice and peace
Regular exchanges occur throughout the international network, among both students and staff:
- RSHM Student Leadership Conference
- RSHM International Sports Festival
- RSHM Model United Nations Conference
- RSHM Theatre Festival
- RSHM Maker Faire
- RSHM Heritage Award
RSHM Mission in Zimbabwe & Zambia
In addition to Network opportunities with students in other RSHM schools, Marymount students are involved in social justice and service learning projects in Zimbabwe and Zambia. More information.
Marymount at the United Nations
The RSHM registered with the United Nations in 2006 as a non-governmental organization (NGO) associated with the UN Department of Public Information, extending the influence of the Institute’s mission “That All May Have Life” to a global level. In 2013 the RHSM was granted Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). Veronica Brand, RSHM - the NGO Representative at the UN - works with the schools through her work to to participate in UN sessions and present written and oral testimony to influence policy as we work for justice on behalf of those who are made poor and marginalized, especially women and children.
As a Catholic school embracing diversity, and in the spirit of our RSHM Mission, “that all may have life”, our school community is committed to the education of every student so they may think creatively, reason critically, communicate effectively, and learn continuously.
Marymount Paris Mission Statement
Mission of the Global Network of RSHM Schools:
Foster the gift of internationality and to broaden our commitment to transformation of the world through education.
We commit ourselves to:
- Educating for a multi-cultural and multi-religious world
- Mentoring our professionals and forming our school communities in the history, charism and spirituality of the RSHM
- Preparing our students to become leaders who are agents of transformation for justice and peace
- Working to educate and act for the causes of humanity and creation
RSHM Goals & Criteria
A Marymount School is a community that commits itself to:
- foster a personal relationship with God
- create unity through diversity
- instill a life-long love of learning
- encourage and affirm personal growth
- awaken a consciousness of social justice
- fulfill the mission of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary “that all may have life”