Marymount is located in Neuilly-sur-Seine, a leafy, quiet, residential town immediately adjacent to the west of Paris’ 16th and 17th arrondissements. Bordered by both the Seine River and the vast “Bois de Boulogne”, (the Paris equivalent of New York’s Central Park), Neuilly benefits from an exceptional geographic location and has become a prime choice for Parisians in search of a safe, protected neighborhood.
The safety of the children in our care, and the safety of our community and visitors is our top priority.
All members of the community are requested to show their Marymount ID card upon entering the campus and a member of staff must accompany guests.
Members of the staff are outside each morning to greet arriving students, parents, and children arriving on school buses, as they enter campus. Over 35 teachers and support staff supervise arrivals and dismissals every day.
Our security guards and the staff know all our students and parents, mostly by name, which adds to our safety as unfamiliar faces are easily spotted.
- Regularly reviewed, Board approved, serious incident and crisis management policy
- Secured perimeter and controlled access: school gates are only opened for 15 minutes at 8:30 am and at 3:20 pm
- Team of full-time security agents
- Regular security consultation with Neuilly-sur-Seine mayor, local and national police chiefs
- Daily police patrol of the perimeter and 24-hour police CCTV surveillance
- Collaboration with international surveillance and security experts including radio-contact with Embassy regional security offices
- CCTV technology on campus, alarm and access-control hardware and software
- Regular lockdown and fire drills
- All on-campus visits must be planned and approved in advance
- Annually reviewed Visitor’s Guide and staff, student and parent security training
- Strict compliance with French law
- Membership with international security groups: STEP, OSAC