We offer a creative, standards-based, and engaging curriculum that ensures a love of life-long learning and growth
Our learning and teaching is grounded in the guiding statements of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM) global learning community. We foster each learner's growth holistically: academically, socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically, and artistically. In the tradition of the RSHM, our students develop as principled, innovative, and active agents for change in the global community.
We believe that children learn best in different ways. We provide a rich and varied learning environment that allows children to develop their personal skills and abilities to their full potential. We aim to identify children's individual learning needs, recognize their skills and talents, and celebrate the culture and experience that they bring. We aim to advocate for our students' fundamental right to learn by ensuring equality of access to the curriculum.
Learning is the:
- process of comprehending concepts and constructing new knowledge, concepts, skills, behaviors, and attitudes in a variety of experiences
- refinement of knowledge, concepts, skills, behaviors, and attitudes and an ability to transfer that knowledge to authentic real world situations
- awareness of the global community and the recognition of their active role in it as RSHM students
- process of self-reflection, adaptability, and communication on transformative process of learning
- continuous and iterative process of lifelong learning and growth
Our units of study are documented in the Atlas Rubicon database and are regularly edited in collaboration with teachers and leaders. These curriculum maps provide a blueprint of your child's year of learning, and they give a overview of how our teaching and learning aligns with international educational standards and is an expression of our school's mission and vision.
The Marymount Online Curriculum can be found online at: https://misp-public.rubiconatlas.org/